Week 8 Reading and Writing

I reviewed my blog site and made some slight changes. I didn't realize I had my "Labels" category in the side bar twice, so I fixed that. Now, I'm happy with the layout and design of both my blog and website. Overall, I think the reading and writing assignments have started to become easier for me. I feel like I still struggle a bit to "read like a writer" and end up writing a lot during my reading assignments to make sure I don't forget any information. More recently, I've been trying to fix that problem by focusing on the only the plot or on one character. This new strategy has helped me read what I think will be helpful for my weekly story writing and my storybook project. I haven't gotten far on my storybook project yet, but I really like the direction and plans I have for it. My favorite readings so far have been the extra credit reading assignments using books I got from the reserves at the library. The short readings of the comic books are easier on my short attention span, plus I think the pictures and language used in the comic books makes the reading easier to interpret and follow. In the beginning of the semester, I didn't enjoy the storytelling aspect of the class since writing isn't my best skill. Now, I've grown to enjoy writing and I'm working more on writing more unique and creative stories.


Hanuman finds Sita in Ashokavana

I chose the photo of Hanuman visiting Sita while she was in the Ashokavana forest because it was the same photo I used for one of my "Sita's Ramayana" blog posts. This has been my favorite reading so far, not only did I find the story entertaining, but a Ramayana told by Sita was exactly what I needed for ideas for my storybook project. I found this book to be extremely helpful in guiding me in my storybook project timeline and the emotions I want to portray in the journal entries.

I've seen improvement on my reading strategies. I'm looking forward to trying other reading strategies for the rest of the semester. I'm also looking forward to reading other comic books for extra credit readings. I also enjoy the readings we did after reading the Ramayana, when we got to choose other versions of the story. It was interesting to see how authors altered the story with their own interpretations, so I'm looking forward to those reading assignments too. For my writing, I hope to continue to step outside my comfort zone for writing and write less simple story retellings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7 Story: Mahabharata Family Tree

Introduction to Clara