Topic Research: Sita's Journal

For my storybook project I want to write about Sita's life from her point of view, possibly as journal entries. I'm currently thinking of breaking it into the three sections of Sita's life into before she meets Rama, when she is  with Rama, and after she is sent into exile.


Vedavati is said to be the previous incarnation of Sita. Vedavati is dedicated to winning Lord Vishnu as her husband and having a child with him. Eventually, Vedavati enters a fire and dies to avoid being with Ravana. Before her death she tells Ravana she will be born again for his destruction. I think all the similarities between Sita and Vedavita would be interesting to write about along with Sita's birth from the earth.


I would most likely condense majority of Rama and Sita's story from the PDE Ramayana into their life together in the jungle and her being captured by Ravana. I would also probably add their intitial feelings they had for each other at first sight. 

My final story idea would based off Valimiki's Hermitage and Sita's departure back into the earth. This would be her life without Rama after she was sent back into exile. This would also have a lot about Sita's and Rama's two sons, Lava and Kusha. 
Vedavati refuses Ravana (Source: Wikipedia)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7 Story: Mahabharata Family Tree

Introduction to Clara