Storybook Plan

The first story of my storybook is going to be Sita's writing journal entries about having strange dreams of her past life as Vedavati and her being found as an infant in the furrows from Sita's Story. I would use this section to introduce all of Sita's relatives and set up her backstory.  
The next section of my story would be about her first interaction with Rama in the garden. I would also include details from when Rama wins Sita in the competition, their wedding, and their exile all inspired by either Sita's Story or the PDE Ramayana.
The next section of my storybook would include their exile, her being taken by Ravana, her proving her purity to Rama, and their return to Ayodhya. Since this section would contain many different events, I'm going to try to keep the Sita's entries during this time a bit shorter. During this section I also want to refer back to Sita's dreams as Vedavati because as Vedavati dies she swears she will be born again for his destruction. Maybe these dreams keep Sita hopeful that Rama will save her by defeating Ravana and have an impact on her faithfulness to Rama. 
The last section would be about her time and exile and raising her two sons Lava and Kusha. I want to begin this section with her feeling insecure about the rumors questioning Sita's purity, and then emphasis the betrayal she feels when Lakshmana leaves her in jungle. Since neither Sita's Story or the PDE Ramayana describe her life while she cares for her sons, I want to read The Sons of Rama for more inspiration on that part of her life. I think the episode about her departure is very important, but since she had returned to earth, she wouldn't be able to write it herself. Instead, I might make the final journal entry from Rama and his regret about sending her to exile. 
I also want to watch Sita Sings the Blues eventually for inspiration as well.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7 Story: Mahabharata Family Tree

Introduction to Clara