Growth Mindset: Successful Thoughts

For this week's Growth Mindset, I read the article "6 Bad Mental Habits that Sabotage Your Success" by Amy Morin. This article confirmed how powerful the mind is. If we think positively about ourselves, we perform better, while negative thoughts can lead to poor performance. This article taught me that negative thoughts can effect everyone, even aspiring Olympic athletes will work with sport psychologists to improve their mental strength. The article gives tips to avoid the 6 unhealthy habits that harm mental strength. I think I'm most interested in the habit about negative predictions turning into self-fulfilling prophecies. To prevent myself from catastrophizing my future I'm going to quit dwelling on the worst case "what if" scenarios.
Growth Mindset (Source: Flickr)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7 Story: Mahabharata Family Tree

Introduction to Clara