Famous Last Words: Getting Ahead


This week I really focused on putting my plan of getting ahead in this course into action. I’ve managed to finish all of my week 6 assignments before the weekend and even started the readings for week 7. I’m about to begin studying for the MCAT, and I want to have as little other schoolwork as possible towards the end of the semester, so I’ve been prioritizing finishing assignments in this class a lot recently. I also got hired for a job I’ve been wanting, so my schedule is about to get a bit hectic. I’m hoping that getting ahead in this class will ease some of the stress I’ll have in a couple weeks. I’ve enjoyed the reading this week, but I think most of my future readings will be based around the Ramayana since my storybook is over Sita. For my writing, I’ve been working on stepping outside of my comfort zone. I usually just write retelling or stories from third person, but I’m working on being more creative in my stories. I’ve really grown to love the self-grading system of this class. Before I was self-conscious about my writing, but now I’ve started to enjoy writing since I don’t feel the pressure of it having to meet a certain standard. While writing my comments, I read someone’s biography and I really enjoyed the unique writing style they chose. They wrote their story in the form of quotations from things they had heard throughout middle school and high school, and you could the changes in their life based on just those quotes. I really liked the emotion it brought with such little writing and I want to try to write a story/biography in a similar style. For this next week, I hope to continue getting ahead in this class while my other classes are a bit slower since we just finished the first round of exams.
I chose this quote because I've been working hard this 
week to make the next couple of weeks better for myself


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7 Story: Mahabharata Family Tree

Introduction to Clara